WATCH: Tesla Unveils 2021 Cybertruck - Glass Awkwardly Shatters During Live Test 😂
• Elon Musk reveals new electric pickup-truck & ATV
• The Cybertruck will get up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,900
• "Armored Glass" seems to have a slight issue with metal balls
Elon, you never fail to entertain us do you...
The Electric Pickup & ATV Surprise
“We need sustainable energy now. The top 3 selling vehicles in America are pickup trucks. To solve sustainable energy we have to have a pickup truck” - Elon Musk said at his official Cybertruck reveal event.
There will be 3 models of the Cybertruck available:
• Single motor rear-wheel drive with 250 miles of range, 7,500-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph capabilities in under 6.5 seconds, for $39,900.
• Dual motor all-wheel drive with 300 miles of range, 10,000-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph in under 4.5 seconds for $49,900.
• Triple motor all-wheel drive with 500 miles of range, 14,000-pound towing capacity, and 0-60 mph in under 2.9 seconds for $69,900. (won’t start production until late 2022)
At the end of the event, Elon had one more trick up his cyber-sleeves, an electric all-terrain quad bike. It can charge from the bed of the Cybertruck, as you might expect, and would seem to be the perfect sidekick to the truck for all you outdoorsy & offroad drivers out there.
The Glass-Shattering Hiccup
Yeah so, this one was kinda awkward. After multiple displays showing the truck's durability, which included literally hitting it with a sledgehammer, Elon asked his assistant to throw a metal ball at the truck window...
Now I know what you're thinking, "How could this have possibly happened? Wouldn't Elon have prepared for this moment?"
The thing is, I think he did.
While mistakes can and do happen, I'm personally of the opinion that Mr.Musk knew that this video would go a little viral. All publicity is good publicity, right? I think Elon wanted that extra bit of coverage from all the meme pages out there, and clearly FreeHour have fallen right into his trap 😂