Calling All Event Organisers: Here's How To Reach Students For Your Upcoming Summer Events
FreeHour is a mobile app that allows students to share their timetable with their friends. With a total of 18,100 users registered on the app, FreeHour is used by approximately 70% of all Maltese students from all Sixth Forms and Uni's including Junior College, Saint Aloysius' College, De La Salle College, MCAST, and UoM; making it the largest student app on the island. You can find some more info about the app here.
This Summer, we have just launched a brand-new Student Events section and we would like YOU to be a part of it.
What Is The Student Events Section?
On our app, under the Student Tab, there is now a brand-new section called Student Events. Here, we gather all upcoming student-related events and showcase them in an intuitive and easy-to-use list which allows students to swipe through parties, stand-up comedians, live music, and any other events relevant to the 15-25-year-old demographic.
After tapping on an event, you can view the details of the event including the date, time, location, and links to the events Facebook page and link to buy tickets. As can be seen in the video below, you can also swipe from one to another, making it easier for students to view the events they want to see.
Joining The Section
Being a part of this awesome new section is quick and simple, and above all is FREE. If you want your event to be added onto the app, all you need to do is contact us on email@example.com and simply ask to be included in the section, and we will do the rest. This in-app general listing can be up for a maximum of 30 days prior to the event and will also be featured on our Instagram @freehour_app.
While a general listing puts your brand in the upcoming events section on the FreeHour app, there are a few ways to further target and gain exposure from our 18,000+ audience. These add ons give you the ability to boost your advertising experience within the app to help you get the word out there for your upcoming event. These include:
1) Featured Event (Top Position) & Push Notification - Your event will be at the top of the listings and a customisable push notification will be sent to our user base.
2) Sponsored Event Articles & Social Media - An explainer article is written which is then boosted on Facebook and the event is also promoted via Instagram.
3) Instagram Take Over - Multiple Instagram stories posted over the course of a day while FreeHour attends the event.
4) Instagram & Facebook Giveaway - A giveaway which will be uploaded to our social media allowing students to win tickets or upgrades to your event.
5) Sponsored Mail Shot to 18,000+ individual students - A mail shot which is sent to our entire user base, custom designed by the FreeHour team based on the client's specifications.
Below you can find more information on the Add Ons.